Original Article in Journal of Economic and Social Research
INVESTIGATING THE EFFECTS OF FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION’S PRICING INTERVENTION OF CANCER DRUGS ON IMPORT AND DOMESTIC PRODUCTION
Authors: Elham Amiri Motlagh1, Seyed Kamran Nourbakhsh2
2 Ph.D., Central Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
The main purpose of this study is to investigate the effects of Food and Drug Administration’s pricing intervention of cancer drugs on import and domestic production. This study is functional in terms of classifying based on purpose and in terms of classifying based on the method, it is a descriptive survey research. The population of the survey is 130 managers and experts in the Food and Drug Administration. The sampling method is being the available method and the sample size is calculated 97 by using Cochran formula. The collected data were analyzed by SPSS and Smart-pls software and the research hypotheses were studied with the help of structural equation modeling. The results of the research showed that pricing based on cost and competition has a significant effect on the amount of domestic production. Pricing based on cost, competition, and customer value has a significant impact on import.
Keywords: Pricing, Import, Domestic Production
- Al Husseini, Mohammad Sadegh. (1388). Replacing failed import policy. Economic world newspaper.
- Azar, g. Singh, s. (2017). Pricing strategies of domestic vs multinational firms in an emerging market: an empirical study. Http://bura.brunel.ac.uk/handle/2438/14451.
- Azizi, Shahriar. (1381). Pricing; approaches and processes. Trick no. 127. Pp. 38-42.
- Barony, Mohsen Jalayee, Seyyed Abdul Majid. Jafari, Shahla (1395). Impact of currency uncertainty on imports of medical and pharmaceutical products in Iran. Journal of health and development. Fifth year no. 1, pp. 13-23.
- Brilliant, M. Mehrara m. (1383). A look at Iran’s economy and its solutions. Office of economic survey. Islamic consultative research center.
- Collins, Michael and Parsa, h. G. (2006). Pricing strategies to maximize revenues in the lodging industry”, hospitality management, no. 25.
- Davari, Ali. Rezazadeh, Arash (1392). Modeling structural equations with pls software. Publishing house jihad university. Tehran.
- Diallo, M.F., Coutelle-Brillet, p., rivière, a., Zielke, s., 2015. How do price perceptions of different brand types affect shopping value and store loyalty? Psychol. Mark. 32 (12), 1133–1147.
- Eric, N. Berkowtiz. Roger A.kerin. Steven w. Hartley. William, Rudelius. (1992). Marketing. Addision Wesley. 3 editions.
- Gary, l. Lilien. Philip, Kotler. K. Sridhar. Modrthy. (1992). Marketing models. Prentice. Hall international, Englewood cliffs, Nj.
- Ghazizadeh, Mostafa, Haddadi, Morteza and Ahmadi, Morteza. (1389). Factors affecting pricing and its role in export development. Bank and economics, no. 111, pp. 6157.
- Gholipour, Samaneh. Masoomzadeh Zavareh, Abolfazl. (1396). Identification and evaluation of factors influencing the choice of pricing strategy in food industry. Agricultural economics and development. Year 25. No. 99. Pages 169-201.
- Graciola, Ana Paula. De Toni, Deonir. Zanchet, Vinicius. De lima, Gabriel. Sperandio, Milan. (2018). Does price sensitivity and price level influence store price image and repurchase intention in retail markets? Journal of retailing and consumer services 44 (2018) 201–213.
- Haji and m. Assadi, (2009). “fuzzy expert systems and challenge of new product pricing,” computers & industrial engineering, vol.56(2): pp. 616-630.
- Heydari, Hassan Babaie Balderrlou, Saharnaz. Turki ebrahimi, Mahyar. (1395). Effect of import of consumer, intermediate and capital goods in the process of transfer of crude oil price fluctuations to the industry and mining sector in Iran. Quarterly journal of policy studies and energy planning. Second year. No. 2. Pp. 195-234.
- Hosseini, Seyyed Abbas. (1388). Immigration studies study plan. Development and trade organization.
- Hunger, David. J. Wheeler, Thomas. L. (2000). Essential of strategic Prentice. Hall and upper Sadde. River. Nj. 3rd edition.
- Ismail pour, Hassan. (1389). International marketing management. Publishing new look
- Jafari, Hashim. (1395). Advancing the manufacturing and employment component in the Arian resistance economy. First conference of new studies in social and economic sciences.
- Jobber, d. (1998). Principles and practice of marketing (2nd ed.). Mcgraw-hill.
- Jobber, David. (2004). Principles and practice of marketing (1st ed), London: McGraw – hill.
- Kotler, p. (2003). Marketing management. New York, Ny: prentice hall.
- Kotler, Philip. (2000). Marketing management, millennium edition: custom edition for university of phoenix (10th ed)”, upper saddle river, new jersey: prentice-hall Inc.
- Lee, S.H., fay, s., 2017. Why offer lower prices to past customers? Inducing favorable social price comparisons to enhance customer retention. Quant. Mark. Econ. 15 (2), 123–163.
- Lehmann, D.R., and Winner, R.S. (1997). Product management (1st ed), London: McGraw hill.
- Liozu & Hinter Huber (2013). Pricing orientation, pricing capabilities, and firm performance, journal home page: www.emeraldinsight.com/0025-1747.htm.
- Lourenço, c.j.s., Gijsbrechts, e., Paap, r., 2015. The impact of category prices on store price image formation: an empirical analysis. J. Mark. Res. 52 (2), 200–216.
- Mohammadzadeh, m., Aarabi, s. M., & Salamzadeh, j. (2013). Organizational performance, marketing strategy, and financial strategic alignment: an empirical study on Iranian pharmaceutical firms. Daru journal of pharmaceutical sciences, 21, 65.
- Naderi Ali. Motlebian, Mojtaba. (1396). Strategies, models and pricing concepts. Economic studies, financial management and accounting. Volume 3, issue 2/1. Pp. 54-71.
- naibi, mohsen (1393). Management effectiveness and business pricing strategy. Scientific, educational, transport news and development. No. 90. Pp. 27-31.
- Namazi, Mohammad and the scientific group. (1391). Strategic management accounting (from theory to practice). Shiraz: research center for integrated systems and financial information systems affiliated with the ministry of defense and armed forces support.
- Paswan, A. K., Guzma´ n, f., & Blankson, c. (2012). Business to business governance structure and marketing strategy. Industrial marketing management, 41(6), 908_918.
- Peschel, A.O., Zielke, s., Scholderer, j., 2016. Reference price formation for product innovations–the role of consistent price-value-relationships. Proc. Food syst. Dyn. 101–103.
- Roosta, Ahmad. Venus, the Davar . Ebrahimi, Abdolhamid (1388). Marketing management. Publication side.
- Samadi Boroujeni h., Ebrahimi a. (2010) drought consequences and ways of coping with it (in Chahar Mahal-O-Bakhtiari province). Water resources research center (Shahrekord university). Issue number: 102-89.
- Samiee, s. (1987). Pricing in marketing strategies if u.s and foreign based companies. Journal of business research.
- Seljuk, said. Horry, Narges. Muharrami, Fereshte. (1396). Investigate the relationship between pricing strategies with sales share of consumer market and competitive ability of products. Third international management conference, accounting and knowledge-based economics with emphasis on resistance economics. Tehran.
- Shipley, David. Jobber, David. (2001). Integrative pricing via the pricing wheel. Industrial marketing management. Vol. 30. Pp 301-314.
- Sousa, C.M., Bradly, f. (2009), "effects of export assistance and distributor support on the performance of smes". The case of Portuguese export ventures. International small business journal, 27(6), 681-701.
- Taleizadeh, Ataullah and Saroukhani, Alireza. (1396). Cooperative advertising and pricing in a competitive market taking into account the impact of the excitement of customers. Journal of industrial engineering, vol. 50, no. 3, pages: 361351.
- Tintelnot, Felix. Kikkawa, Ayumu ken. Mogstad, Magne. Dhyne, Emmanuel. (2017). Trade and domestic production networks. 2017 meeting papers. 381. Society for economic dynamics.
- Toni, Deonir de. Milan, Gabriel Sperandio. Saciloto, Evandro Busata. Larentis, Fabiano. Pricing strategies and levels and their impact on corporate profitability. Revista de administração. 52. Pp 120-133.
- Varadarajan p. Rajan (1994). Delineating the scope of corporate, business, and marketing strategy, journal of business research
- Young writers club. 13/6/95, news code: 5757795. 16/6/95. News code: 5768941. 16/6/95. Code: 5768941 .