Original Article in Journal of Economic and Social Research
INVESTIGATING THE EFFECT OF CUSTOMER-ORIENTED MIX MARKETING ON SATISFACTION AND ATTRACTION OF TOURISTS TO VISIT VILLAGES IN KURDISTAN PROVINCE
Authors: Freyedon Ahmadi1 , Negin Ali2 , Barzan Mohammad Rezaei3
2 Assistant Professor, Geographic Department, Payame Noor University
Rural tourism with the goal of sustainable development of local communities in rural areas is emerged as a tool for economic and social development and it is one of the most important modern businesses in rural areas. In this regard, the use of appropriate marketing techniques to attract more and more tourists has been emphasized. Considering the importance of marketing mixes in the development of tourism, in this study, has been tried to study the role of using the components of customer-oriented marketing as one of the new marketing techniques on satisfaction and attracting domestic and foreign tourists who want to visit villages of Kurdistan province. To this end, 250 tourists from the ten touristy villages have been selected as a sample in a random stratified manner. The current study is applied and descriptive research. Library and field studies have been used to collect the data. The results show that all four dimensions of customer oriented marketing mix have been effective in rural tourism. Among the four dimensions, attention to the expected values of tourists has had the greatest impact.
Keywords: Rural tourism, expected values of tourists, the cost of tourism, the convenience of using tourism services, connecting with tourists
- Allah Rad, Jabbar (2007). Identification and Prioritization of Factors Affecting Fish Consumption Based on 4c Model Using AHP Method, MSc Thesis, Faculty of Humanities, Semnan University(In Persian).
- Clarke, J. (2005). Effective marketing for rural tourism and sustainable business, Channel View Publications.
- Cooke, B. (2001). The social psychological limits of participation? IN: B.Cooke and U. Kothari (Eds.) Participation: the new tyranny, London and New York, Zed books, 102-121.
- Cutler, Philip and Armstrong, Gary (2011). Marketing Principles, Translated by Bahman Forouzandeh, Esfahan, Taught Publications (In Persian).
- Eftekhari, Abdolreza Rakneddin and Ismail Qadri, 2002, the Role of Rural Tourism in Rural Development. (Critical Analysis of Theoretical Frameworks), Modarres Quarterly, Issue 2. (In Persian).
- Ehsani, Amir Houshang (2015). Applied Tourism (Concepts and Models), University of Tehran Publication. (In Persian).
- Farrokh Bakht Foumani, Reza and Ali Saberi Truths, Mercy (1). Effective Marketing Factors on Customer Satisfaction in Life Insurance, Second International Conference on Economics, Management, Accounting with Value Creation Approach, Shiraz, NARON Certified Managers Training Institute(In Persian).
- Feiz, Davood; Dehghani Soltani, Mehdi Farsizadeh, Hossein Gholamzadeh, Rasool (2015). Designing a Customer-Based Brand Equity Measure in the Insurance Industry, Insurance Research Journal, No. 119, pp. 41-60. (In Persian).
- Ghadiri Masoum, Mojtaba-Sajal, Alireza and Masoumeh Pazaki (2010). Sustainable Tourism (Rural and Tribal), University of Tehran Press, Second Edition (In Persian).
- Heidari Chineh, Rahim (2008). Fundamentals of Tourism Industry Planning, Khome Publications, Tehran (In Persian).
- Hemmati, Amin and Moradi, Hadi (2011). Identification and Ranking of Life Insurance Marketing Mix Indices Using 4c, 4p Model, Fourth Insurance Business Conference, Tehran, Insurance Industry Business Development Center(In Persian).
- Hosseini Kolkoh Seyed Adel and Habibi Roozbeh (2015). Investigating the Impact of Marketing Mixing Factors (P4) on Increasing Tourist Attraction (Case Study of Masuleh Historical Township), Geographical Journal of Tourism Space, Volume 4, Number 15, pp. 105-125 (In Persian).
- Hwang, J. H. and Lee, S. W. (2015). The Effect of the Rural Tourism Policy on Non-farm Income in South Korea, Tourism Management, 46, pp. 501- 513.
- Izadyar, Hajar (2011). Designing and Explaining the Marketing Mix Model Based on C4 Model, Pars Administrator Electronic Quarterly, No. 5, pp. 25-38. (In Persian).
- Javanmard, Maryam; Alireza Norouzi; Maryam Nakhda (1394). Identifying Factors Affecting Audience Attraction in Astan Quds Razavi Libraries Based on Customer-Oriented Marketing Model of "Four C" from the Librarian's Perspective, Journal of Library and Information Science, Number 4, pp. 31-54 (In Persian).
- Jefferson, A. & Lickoris, L. (1998). Marketing Tourism: A Practical Guide, Longman, Harlow.
- Karmpour, Abdolhossein and Parviz Kashafi (1). Identification and Prioritization of Sustainable Marketing Mix (c4) Using Network Analysis Process (Case Study: Iranian Dairy Industry), 4th International Conference on Applied Research in Management and Accounting, Tehran: Shahid Beheshti University (In Persian).
- Kim, H. J. Chen, M. H. & Jang, S. (2006). Tourism expansion and economic development: the case of Taiwan. Tourism Management, 27(5), 925-933.
- Lacher, R. G. & Oh, C. O. (2012). Is tourism a low-income industry? Evidence from three coastal regions. Journal of Travel Research, 51(4), 464-472
- Lee, J. W. & Brahmasrene, T. (2013). Investigating the influence of tourism on economic growth and carbon emissions: Evidence from panel analysis of the European Union. Tourism Management, 38, 69-76
- Oila, M. Mrrtines, K. & Gabriel, L. (2012). Tourism Management in urban region–Brazilo vest urban region. Journals of Sustainable Tourism, 29, 357-369
- Oliviera Roca, M. D. N. Oliviera, J. Roca, Z. and Costa, L. (2012). Second Home Tourism in the OESTE Region, PORTUGAL: Features and Impacts, Europian Journal of Tourism, Hospitality and Recreation, Vol. 3, Issue 2, pp. 35- 55. World Tourism Organization. (2018). Indicators of sustainable development for tourism destinations: A Guide book. Madrid: World Tourism Organization.
- Papeli Yazdi, Mohammad Hossein and Saghaei, Mehdi (2011). Tourism (Nature and Concepts), Side Publications. Tehran (In Persian).
- Razvani, Mohammad Reza and Bayat, Nasser (2014). Analysis of Rural Tourism Position in Large Country Development Plans, Journal of Tourism Planning and Development, Third Year, No. 9, pp. 11-30. (In Persian).
- Rezvani, MR (2008). Rural Tourism Development with Sustainable Tourism Approach, University of Tehran Publications. (In Persian).
- Seidali, Mohsen; Solimangoli, Reza and Gharagzloo, Hadi (2011). Investigation of Tourism Effects on Rural Development (Case Study: Chehel Chai Village Villages of Minoodasht County), Journal of Tourism Space, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp: 87-69 (In Persian).
- Xu, G. (2017). Tourism and Local Development in China: Case Studies of Guilin, Suzhou and Beidaihe. Routledge.
- Yazdani, Nasser; Fatemeh Norouzadeh and Hossein Raisi (1). Investigation of Sustainable Marketing Mix (c4) of Pistachio Product Using Network Analysis Process (Case Study: Iranian Pistachio Industry), First National Iranian Pistachio Conference, Kerman, Gardening Research Institute of Shahid Bahonar University (In Persian)
- Yulitrisna Dewi, L. K. (2014). Modeling the Relationships between Tourism Sustainable Factor in the Traditional Village of Pancasari, Procedia (Social and Behavioral Sciences), 135, pp. 57- 63.